Hello lunch time people! We've got a lovely little Thursday treat for you today, courtesy of our sponsor Calligraphy for Weddings – founder and Calligrapher Claire has a rather sweet little prize up her sleeve for one of our readers, so we're going to hand on right over to Claire so she can explain…
'Calligraphy is often seen as a luxury at weddings – nice if you have £100 or so to spare, but often
overlooked so those last few pennies can be spent elsewhere. But with calligraphers in the US making a
real splash with creative wedding styling and decor, it's making a big comeback in the UK too.'
'We're falling back in love with the art of beautiful lettering – it's official. My calligraphy features all the
way through Kirstie Allsopp's new Christmas Crafts book – on jam jars, gift tags and even a gilded pear! It
seems calligraphy is coming back into vogue and that makes me so happy.'
All images Copyright (c) 2013, Calligraphy for Weddings
'Being in such a delighted frame of mind, I wanted to share a very special calligraphy offer exclusively
with readers of Love My Dress.'
'The very newest addition to my Etsy calligraphy shop
is these dinky name tags – and you can win yours by entering this little competition today! I'm giving
away £100 worth of personalised dinky tags from my Etsy shop to one lucky Love My Dress reader – and that, could be you.'
'These dinky wedding place name tags
are handwritten in
calligraphy in my UK calligraphy studio. Perfect for tying to your
wedding favours or using as part of an
escort card display, your guests will love them, wear them (it's been
known!) and take them home.'
'Each tag measures just 4.5 x 2.5cm and has
room for your guest's first name. The card is embellished
with calligraphic swirls to add interest.'
'Choose these gorgeous handwritten favour tags as a little
treat for your wedding decor – they're such a lovely personal touch for wedding favours, or can be used to
decorate drinks bottles or place settings.
Tags are written with your first names only, in the format
'Emma & Sam'. Each tag also has calligraphy swirls in two corners because I like playing with my pen. And it looks pretty.'
'Treat yourself with gorgeous wedding calligraphy place tags for
your reception! Your guests will adore their handwritten place name tags – and I promise you, more than
a few will be slipped into handbags and taken home at the end of the evening'
and I'm thrilled to see calligraphy taking centre stage at weddings once again. Vintage styling is a dream
come true for me – handwritten scripts just fit so beautifully with lace, kraft papers and delicate glass
and china place settings.'
Claire, Calligraphy for Weddings
Terms and conditions
1. Only one entry per person/couple.
2. Love My Dress and Calligraphy for Weddings will retain the email address of all entrants for their general communication database only. Email addresses will not be shared with any third party.
3. The winner will receive personalised wedding place name tags with calligraphy worth up to £100. Your wedding must be sometime between December 2013 and September 2014. The tags you will win are shown in this Etsy listing (Perfume bottles not included!)
4. Your place name tags will be written 3 weeks before your wedding date. Names must be supplied by email to [email protected] 4 weeks before your wedding date, along with your UK postal address.
5. Please note that returns and exchanges will not be possible.
6. All entrants must like the Calligraphy for Weddings Facebook page.